The first step in renting your new MARRO home is to complete our rental application. Read the simple instructions, below. When ready, click the red "Apply Now" button to the right to begin the application process. It's quick, easy and secure. It will take approximately 15 minutes to fill out the form, and there is a Rental Application Fee of $15 per applicant ($17 for online payments) in addition to a Credit/Background Check Fee of $14.95 per applicant.
Regardless of how many properties you are interested in, only one application is needed. Please fill out the application completely and provide all required documentation for approval. An application is good for 45 days. Please be sure to complete the process by sending us all income documentation for all applicants listed on the application, such as: W2, 1099, child support, alimony and any other sources of income. Carefully read our Income Qualification Requirements for exact income documentation required.
Fax : (661) 728-5128
Email : email@example.com
Mail : 410 E Ave K-12, Ste 119, Lancaster, Ca. 93535
Deliver In Person : To your Leasing Specialist
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call out offices at 661-951-7877.
Before you apply to lease an MARRO home, please take the time to review our application policy. All persons 18 years of age or older, not dependents, will be required to complete separate rental applications. Applicants with adult dependents and applying for residency will complete a joint application. The term "applicant(s)" under this policy means the person or persons that will be signing the Lease as "residents"; the term "occupant(s)" in this policy means the person or persons that are authorized occupants under the Lease.
Please also note that these are our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by MARRO that all residents and occupants currently residing in a MARRO home have met these requirements.
1. Occupancy Guidelines - The following occupancy standards are based on 2 persons per bedroom, plus one per home.
2. Age - Applicants must be 18 years of age or older unless deemed to be an adult under applicable law with respect to the execution of contracts.
3. Credit - A credit report will be completed on all adult leaseholders to verify credit worthiness. We will also perform a search of Landlord/Tenant Court records and a Criminal Background check.
A security deposit is required upon move-in. Deposits are refundable upon move-out, less any charges assessed for damage to the property and any unpaid balance owed at the time of move-out. Deposits may not be applied to first month's rent or towards rent at any time during the residency.
Deposits can be made in the form of money order, certified funds or cashier's check or a combination of the above.
In the event that we are unable to verify rental history, the deposit requirement is 2 months all paid in the form of certified funds to MARRO Homes.
Outstanding Debt (Utilities or cash advance/ payday loans)
All outstanding collection accounts incurred in the past seven years, for utilities or cash advance/payday loans, in excess of $500 will trigger a decline. Debts below $500 collectively must be paid within 48 hours of the Conditional Approval. If not paid off, the application will be declined. If they are subsequently paid off, applicant must fully reapply to have application considered.
Outstanding Debt (Prior Landlord)
All outstanding debt owed to a prior landlord; applicant will have 48 hours to prove the debt does not belong to them. If not received within 48 hours, application will be declined.
4. Application Fee - We charge $15 per applicant ($17 for online payments) for our rental application fee.
Credit/Background Check - There is an additional charge of $14.95 per person for the credit report and background check. Someone from our office will contact you to request income statements and arrange your credit and background screening. Once these items have been verified, we will schedule a time to view the property..
5. Criminal Background Check - A criminal background check must be passed before further approval consideration is given. A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or more. The application will be denied for any of the following related reasons that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application deadline date regardless of the applicant's age at the time the offense was committed. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition.
|Felony Offense||Time of Evaluation|
|Crimes against a Person or Property||7 years|
|Drug Related Offenses||7 years|
|Theft by check related offenses||7 years|
|Worthless check and/or counterfeit check related Offenses||7 years|
|Sex related offenses and Terrorism related Offenses||Declined regardless of time|
|Prostitution related offenses||7 years|
|Weapons related offense||7 years|
|Cruelty to animals related offenses||7 years|
|Felony offenses that do not fall within categories Above (ex: traffic, DUI)||7 years|
|Active status on Probation and Parole||Off Probation/Parole for 5 years|
Please remember that this policy does not constitute a guarantee or representation that residents or occupants currently residing in an MARRO home have not been convicted of or subject to deferred adjudication for a felony, certain misdemeanors or sex offenses requiring registration under applicable law; there may be residents or occupants that have resided in an MARRO home prior to implementation of this policy; additionally our ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available to us by the resident credit reporting services used.
Applications may be approved conditionally pending the results of the criminal background check.
6. Income - Gross income for all applicants in one MARRO Homes Home will be combined to establish Gross Household Income. All applicants will be asked to produce consecutive and most recent pay stubs demonstrating a minimum of 3 months of income from the application date. Can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
Handwritten pay stubs are insufficient documentation for income verification. Handwritten paystubs must be supported by bank statements/deposits. FICO scores, gross household income and monthly debt are evaluated to determine the Application Score. Application Scores returned sub 65 will be declined.
Additional sources of verifiable income may be considered. These sources may include: child support, grants, pensions, GI benefits, disability, trust funds, social security and savings accounts. (The applicant must supply six current consecutive months of bank statements if any of the additional sources of income listed above if written verification cannot be provided directly from the supplier.)Any non-taxed income will be grossed up by 25%.
7. Rental/Mortgage History - MARRO requires written or verbal Verification of Rent (VOR) or Verification of Mortgage (VOM) on all Primary Applicants. Primary Applicant must have 6 months positive rental or mortgage history within the past 24 months. If a previous landlord cannot be contacted, 6 consecutive months of proof of payment must be verified and a copy of the lease contract must be provided. Applicants not having verifiable rental history will have to pay a total deposit equal to two month's rent (up to 1/2 may be paid by purchasing a surety bond).
When applicants also depend on the results of a rental history investigation for an approval/denial determination, applicants for residency will automatically be denied for the following reasons:
8. Falsification of Application - Any falsification in Applicant's paperwork will result in the automatic denial of application and applicant will not be given the option of reapplying. In the event that an applicant falsifies his/her paperwork, applicant will forfeit all deposits and fees paid.
9. Denials - Once an application is denied, it becomes inactive for 45 days.
10. Approvals - Approvals are good for 45 days from the approved date and will require new apps and income docs after.
We reserve the right to review all outstanding debts when determining our credit decision.
11. Insurance Leases - MARRO works with temporary housing and relocation companies to place residents. The applicant's insurance company guarantees the deposit and lease payment for an agreed upon short term. In exchange for the short term lease, MARRO charges a premium rent. They are as follows:
The temporary housing provider must complete the standard rental application and successfully pass a credit and background check. The relocation company signs a Letter of Responsibility for the lease payments. The lease is in the applicant's name.